Follow The Stampede: Detroit Auto Show Returns with All-New Mustang Reveal and Must-Have Ford, Lincoln Showcases
- Detroit Auto Show returns for the first time in over three years, with the global debut of the all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang® at The Stampede on Sept. 14
- Ford to showcase must-have lineup of electric and gas-powered vehicles, including F-150 Lightning®, Mustang Mach-E®, Bronco®, Bronco Sport, Maverick® and more
- Lincoln lineup to feature new 2023 Corsair® premium compact SUV fresh off its Sept. 12 reveal, as well as the Lincoln Star™ and Model L100 concepts that evolve the brand’s Quiet Flight design for the future
- Ride in a Bronco SUV at the Built Wild® Drive Track or experience the near-instant acceleration of F-150 Lightning and Mustang Mach-E at the Built to Electrify track; mixed and augmented reality displays dive into topics like EV lifestyles and how to take advantage of Ford’s advanced connected vehicle features
DEARBORN, MI, Sept. 13, 2022 – The Detroit Auto Show is back in the Motor City for the first time in over three years, offering attendees a fresh chance to get up close and personal with a slew of new Ford vehicles – including the all-new, seventh-generation Mustang that debuts Sept. 14.
“As we kick off the next chapter of the Mustang story, this is also going to be the first opportunity many have had to experience F-150 Lightning and the Bronco Heritage,” said Suzy Deering, global chief marketing officer, Ford Motor Company. “The return of the Detroit Auto Show is a great opportunity to interact with our customers and give them the opportunity to experience Ford’s incredible new vehicle lineup.”
The festivities begin Sept. 14 with The Stampede, a festival-inspired celebration of all things Mustang that culminates in the global reveal of the new Mustang at 8 p.m. EDT, which will also be on display during the auto show’s public days at Huntington Place convention center Sept. 17-25.
Mustang fans, owners and Ford employees who registered for The Stampede can meet at Ford World Headquarters with their Mustang vehicles and parade together to Hart Plaza in Detroit. (Those interested who have registered can also join the party directly at Hart Plaza.) The event will feature music, art, design and eight food trucks ahead of the livestream. Food vouchers will be provided to the first 3,000 registered guests. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the live show starts at 8 p.m.
Those attending The Stampede are encouraged to wear attire inspired by their favorite period in Mustang history, from the 1960s through today, to celebrate every decade of the car’s existence. The top costumes will earn prizes, including a two-year lease of an all-new Mustang GT for the first place winner.
From trail conquering to electric power: Ford vehicle lineup delivers
On the show floor, Ford will give attendees the chance to check out a wide range of vehicles, from trail-conquering off-roaders to innovative electric vehicles. The Detroit Auto Show lineup includes:
- F-150 Lightning, the innovative all-electric pickup that’s part of the Ford F-Series, America’s best-selling trucks for 45 years*.
- Mustang Mach-E, an electric SUV that offers the 0-60 thrills Mustang is famous for in a sleek package featuring the latest technology.
- Bronco two- and four-door, including Bronco Heritage edition with styling cues from the 1966 original, and special edition off-roaders Bronco Raptor® and Bronco Everglades™.
- Bronco Sport, a rugged small SUV designed with unmistakable Bronco styling and off-road capability.
- Maverick, the versatile North American Truck of the Year winner with endless customization opportunities and smart technology.
- F-150 Raptor R™, equipped with a supercharged V8 engine that makes it the most powerful production Raptor ever.
Lincoln showcases new Corsair – and looks to the future
Attendees will also see how Lincoln continues to elevate the luxury experience with the debut of the new 2023 Corsair and stunning concepts that share a glimpse of the brand’s future vision. The display features:
- Lincoln Corsair, the brand’s best-selling vehicle**, featuring athletic looks and new interior themes as well as ActiveGlide 1.2 hands-free advanced driver assistance system for highway driving†. The plug-in hybrid Grand Touring model will also be on display††.
- Lincoln Star, a concept that hints at the brand’s design language for future electric vehicles with its sleek, aerodynamic silhouette and connected cabin experience.
- Lincoln Model L100, the brand’s visionary concept revealed as part of its 100th anniversary and imagined as an autonomous vehicle with an intelligent driving experience, connectivity and software-driven innovations.
Creating powerful customer experiences
The Detroit Auto Show provides an opportunity to bring unique Ford experiences to life and interact directly with customers. Attendees can hop in a Bronco SUV for a ride at the Built Wild Drive Track or experience the near-instant acceleration of F-150 Lightning. Ford also will show off its latest F-150 Raptor and Bronco Raptor models at the Dinosaur and Off-Road Vehicle Encounter, a walk-thru experience featuring animated life-size dinosaurs.
At its booth, Ford will host a series of scheduled 30-minute sessions featuring product demonstrations and Q&As with product specialists and Ford engineers. These include sessions on electric vehicles that will cover home charging solutions, route planning and charging on the road, as well as Intelligent Backup Power for F-150 Lightning customers. A Bronco session will demo vehicle features on the Built Wild Drive Track, while another will focus on connected technologies such as FordPass®, Ford BlueCruise, Alexa Built-in and Ford Power-Up software updates.
Additionally, the Ford display will host mixed and augmented reality displays that tackle a number of topics, such as a master class on the all-new Mustang, EV education, connected technology and Ford Pro™ commercial vehicle services.
The Detroit Auto Show public days are September 17-25.
*Based on 1977-2021 CY total sales.
**Based on Ford internal data.
†Available feature. Includes a three-year connected service plan with regular map updates after which purchase is required. Requires Lincoln Way® App and modem activation. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. Lincoln ActiveGlide™ is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
††Available at Lincoln EV-certified retailers only.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, that is committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for and deepen the loyalty of those customers. Ford develops and delivers innovative, must-have Ford trucks, sport utility vehicles, commercial vans and cars and Lincoln luxury vehicles, as well as connected services. Additionally, Ford is establishing leadership positions in mobility solutions, including self-driving technology, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 182,000 people worldwide. More information about the company, its products and Ford Credit is available at corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE: Ford Motor Company